The Australian Municipal, Administrative, Clerical and Services Union
(trading as the Australian Services Union or ASU) (referred to as the
Union in this Policy) is the Union representing workers in local
government, energy, water, public transport, airlines, shipping, travel,
ports, social and community services, information technology and
private sector clerical and administrative areas.
The Union collects personal information in order to conduct its business of:
- Representing members in workplace and industry-wide negotiations with employers and employer organisations;
- Representing members before the Fair Work Commission, state
industrial tribunals and other courts and tribunals on matters relevant
to industrial and workplace issues;
- Providing information to members about their employment and related rights and obligations;
- Lobbying State and Federal governments and other relevant bodies
about matters of concern to members and their families in relation to
employment and living standards;
- Publicising to members and to the community issues of concern to members and proposals to address these concerns;
- Conducting research and other activities in order to enable the Union to effectively carry out these functions;
- Providing members and their families with access to a range of goods and services on favourable terms.
The Union operates in the political, legal, industrial and social spheres.
The Union is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you
with information and services relevant to you. The Union complies with
the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian
in conjunction with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
In this Policy, the Union includes the following state registered unions:
- Australian Services Union of NSW
- New South Wales Local Government, Clerical, Administrative, Energy,
Airlines and Utilities Union, trading as the "United Services Union"
- Queensland Services, Industrial Union of Employees, trading as the "Queensland Services Union"
- Together Queensland, Industrial Union of Employees
- Amalgamated ASU (SA) State Union
- Western Australian Municipal, Administrative, Clerical and Services Union of Employees